Thursday, June 10, 2010

Film Premiere

Here is our animation for those of you who missed our premiere! Special thanks to Jonno for hosting this video so I do not have to go through the pain of uploading it again.

Histoires Petite Pomme from Jonathon Hyde-Neary on Vimeo.



The film premiere was awesome. As I was late to the Work In Progress submission before, I missed some of the works by the other students. I made it a point to be early to this one so I could watch all the animations. Unfortunately, I was a few minutes late due to having to pick up a friend who wanted to be there at the film premiere. No dramas, however. I watched every single animation and they were all really good!

iPilot really caught my attention, and I would go out on a limb and say it did to everyone. It was really funny and the Lost reference at the end of the animation spiced everything up.

The dancing scene in Monkey Movements was also very good. I saw Michael working on the dancing scene and I can tell you it is no easy job! Saiful, Faiz, Chun Yin and Saifullah were an awesome team for creating Fishing Love. It was really good and funny too. You can tell a heap of work went into it. Tom Cant and Ari's Invasion had spectacular effects and the animation technique was good, however I could not understand the story and what it was about.

I also liked Wei Fen's The Evil Television animation style. Dull colours and texture gave it an very eerie atmosphere, really suiting the animation. Serradura's Billy and the Sock Puppet had a style I really like. Its the sort of animation you would see on Nickelodeon and its really good as well.

How many times have I used "really good" in describing the works done by the groups in the paragraphs above? But I really cannot think of any other way to describe them! Lost for words!

I hope our animation was received very well. At least, people laughed throughout the film, which is always a good indication of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment