Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wrap up!

DMIII has been both an exciting and tough journey throughout the semester! I must be really thankful of this course though, as both my skills in Photoshop and Flash have improved a ton.

Josh and Lisa were really good tutors. Really helpful and give a lot of feedback. The coursemates in this subject were all really friendly and helpful as well.

DMIII is an awesome subject, however if you do not have passion in animating you may loathe it. Animating is really hard work and I had to find it out the hard way. The tutors, however, give you all the necessary skills and information to undertake an animation project but it is up to the individual themselves animate it.

DMIII has brought me new friendships and connections. In this course, I met two new friends, Camilla Kilbane and Jonathon Michael Hyde Neary who quickly became close friends of mine working together till the sun came up as my group mates. We were really supportive of each other.

DMIII has made me realise that communication and coordination are really important in the real world for animators. It is vital to communicate with the animation crew and it is important to organise schedules for tasks to be completed and coordinate with the team to get things done. This makes or breaks the team.

There are so many lessons besides animation that DMIII has taught me. All of them are valuable and I shall keep them until I go to my grave. The connections and friendships this course has brought me are also something money cannot buy.

On the whole, DMIII is a really good course with all the good people in it and the tutors. However, passion is everything. Passion trumps everything. If you do not have the passion in animation, I do not think this course would be suitable for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment